To use MVP on a local computer using VST-plugin or using MVP over LAN just follow this guide:
- Of course you have added your videos and Black-image to the computer that will show your videos…
- On server-computer start your DAW and load MVP-VST plugin as an Instrumen and open the Plugin-editor.
- Start MidiVideoPlayer.exe on your secons computer (or same fol local use).
- In the editor you can see the IP-adress of your server.
- Insert IP-adress in MidiVideoPlayer on the second computer.
127.0.0.1 is the IP to use if the server and client are at the same computer.
Both computers need to be connected to the same router.
- Click Connect.
- The LOG at the left should tell you that the connection was successfull and also the VST-plugin should say Client Connected!
- Load any video using a key (one you added). It will buffer and pause at the first frame.
- Press C3 (key 60) and your blackimage will show.
- Press D3 (key 62) to start the loaded movie.
- Press C#3 (key 61) to show the movie.
- wait… and look at the movie.
- Press C#3 (key 61) to hide the movie.
- Press E3 (key 64) to stop the movie.
- Press C3 (key 60) and your blackimage will hide.
If you lose connection or close the VST-editor just hit RESET and CONNECT again.
Easy. Now you can see the log-file to the left.
When you close MVP the log-file will be saved to c:\blafotproduktion\MVP\LOGS\